How genetic engineering and the modification of microorganisms and enzymes help evolve your research and production
Mutagenesis is the basis of evolution
Bict deals with genetic engineering and modification of microorganisms and enzymes, to improve their activities and properties, and then develop a system optimized for the specific needs of the customer.
We perform both random and rational mutagenesis, through the use of bioinformatics tools, which allow targeted and functional modifications.
Through customized and efficient screening strategies, it is also possible to screen a high number of mutants simultaneously and identify variants with improved properties.
Mutagenesis can improve many activities
- Increase the yield of biotransformation
- Eliminate a side activity that generates impurities
- Eliminate substrate inhibition
- Eliminate product inhibition
- Improve performance under specific conditions