We adopt the most suitable carriers and strategies for your application
Immobilizing an enzyme can improve the performance of your process
BiCT offers you its expertise in the field of enzyme immobilization, adopting the most suitable carriers and strategies for the required application (adsorption, covalent bonding, or modifications in the functionalities). It is possible to apply the technology both to newly designed enzymes and to commercial enzymes.
We immobilize commercial or proprietary enzymes
We take care of immobilizing one or more commercial enzymes currently in use in your processes in free form or a specific enzyme of your own.
If the enzyme of your interest is not commercially available and needs to be developed, Bict can provide it to you: with expertise in the field of mutagenesis, heterologous protein expression and subsequent purification, we can produce it for feasibility studies and/or for subsequent industrial scale-up.
With expertise in both biotechnology and chemistry, we can develop and optimize enzyme-mediated or multistep biocatalysis processes with chemo-enzymatic steps. Enzymes can be used either free or immobilized, based on application and convenience.
Download our services overview
Want to know what we can do for you?
What are the benefits to using immobilized enzymes industrially?
- It lowers the supply costs of biocatalysts, due to the possible reuse of the enzyme.
- In some fields, such as food, it allows not to have the residual enzyme inside the product.
- It allows the use of the enzyme also in the presence of solvents, as it is in solid non-aqueous phase.
- It improves the stability of the catalyst.
- It confers particular reaction characteristics or modify the kinetic parameters of the biocatalyst.