IN VITRO SAFETY TESTS
The safety of your product is verified thanks to biotechnology: health comes first.
CONFIRM THE SAFETY OF YOUR PRODUCT
Product safety is verified through in vitro assays on reconstructed human tissues and cell cultures. Bict also performs microbiological analysis of safety and efficacy of finished products, in accordance with current legislation and through internal protocols.
Our researchers are at your disposal to verify the absence of toxicity, stability, and microbiological characteristics of your product.
NO EXPERIMENTATION ON ANIMALS
Each product must be tested to be safe for human health, according to the regulations of the sector and before entering the market. European Regulation No. 1223/2009 prohibits animal testing of both finished cosmetic products and ingredients (or combinations of ingredients) intended to be part of them.
This has facilitated the development of alternative in vitro methods, which allow tests to be carried out without limitation in number and in a situation of greater control, standardization and objectivity.
The commitment to consumer safetly
- MTT - Evaluation of cytotoxicity through an in vitro assay on cell cultures/reconstructed tissues
- NRU - Evaluation of potential skin/ocular irritation through a cytotoxicity assay on keratinocytes/fibroblasts
- In vitro phototoxicity assay 3T3 NRU
- In vitro skin corrosivity assessment (OECD 431)
- In vitro skin irritation test on reconstructed epidermis (OECD 439)
- In vitro Skin Irritation Test (OECD 491 Short Time Exposition)
- Eye Irritation Test on Reconstructed Epithelium (OECD 492)
- In vitro evaluation of pro-sensitizing potential
- Screening test- Preliminary evaluation of the potential pro-sensitizing action of a product by evaluating cell morphology
- Challenge Test - UNI EN ISO 11930
- Shelf life - Stability test